ABLE, a socially conscious accessories brand dedicated to creating sustainable business, is seeking a Design Associate to join our Denim Category. The ideal candidate will have specific experience in Denim Fit and Wash processes and the desire to work in a mission-forward, fast paced, retail environment. Based in our Nashville office, the Design Associate will support our NYC-based Denim Consultant. This part-time position will run day-to-day operations of denim by communicating with factory daily, managing wash process, attending all fittings, creating sketches and initiation and managing tech packs. A person with strong communication skills, attention to detail, and organization will thrive in this position.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
● Create, finish, and execute tech packs, including materials, trims, labels, and measurements in order to accurately communicate designs to vendors
● Communicate pattern revisions to pattern maker (from Design during fitting) to vendor, with consultant supervision
● Communicate wash comments to vendor for each style
● Support the initiation and management of product revisions and follow-ups on all development from 1st proto to commercialization.
● Manage daily communication with vendors related to troubleshooting production issues, in partnership with designer.
● Responsible for all internal charts and line sheets, creating and updating as necessary.
● Responsible for maintaining close communication with consultant, including twice weekly reports summarizing vendor communication and any internal discussions, and calling/emailing consultant in between if issues arise that need urgent attention.
Skills & Requirements
● Degree in Fashion Design or equivalent experience
● CAD skills in Adobe Illustrator or comparable software
● Strong experience in denim wash processes
● Proven ability to participate in product fittings and communicate revisions
● Excellent communication and project management skills
● Strong organizational skills, including detail orientation and follow-up
Competencies: Collaborative, Self-Motivated, Organized, Time Management/Follow through
Send resume & inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.