Status: Full-time with expectation to work some nights and weekends
Reports to: Artistic Director
About: OZ Arts is a 501c3 non-profit, contemporary arts center housed in the former CAO cigar headquarters in Nashville, Tennessee. Utilizing the flexible, newly-renovated 10,000 sq. ft. warehouse and surrounding 5 acres of manicured grounds at OZ, the organization presents artworks from a variety of disciplines by local, national and international artists. Since opening to the public in 2014, OZ Arts has contributed to the expanding cultural landscape of the Mid-South region by offering an intimate context for performing and visual art programs that challenge and inspire a diverse range of curious audiences.
Mission: OZ Arts supports the creation, development, and presentation of significant performing and visual art works by leading artists whose contribution influences the advancement of their field.
Summary: The Artistic Associate works with OZ Arts Artistic Director and other staff to support OZ Arts’ artistic, education and outreach programs. The Artistic Associate is responsible for conducting research, producing schedules, budgeting, contracting and managing artists’ projects including arranging travel and housing, hospitality, staff and volunteers, among other duties.
- Work collaboratively with Artistic Director and Production Manager to plan, manage and execute presentations within the curatorial artistic program
- Work with the Artistic Director and Production Manager to manage artists’ projects, budgets, schedules, etc.
- Hire, train and manage of temporary staff and volunteers for OZ Arts programs.
- Manage and update internal calendars.
- Process artists’ contracts and payments, working with payroll and accounting to gather
- Arrange artists’ travel, housing, ground transportation and hospitality within budget.
- Create and update detailed schedules for each artist including production and outreach
- Serve as liaison for artists during performances.
- Assist with visual art exhibitions, residencies, public programs, education and outreach
programs and special events.
- Work with marketing staff to gather text and images from artists and managers for use in promotion.
- Work with development and event staff to assist with planning and managing performances or other artists’ involvement in fundraising events.
- Work with development staff to document and acknowledge all in-kind donations and sponsors.
- Manage program interns, delegate work and track performance.
- Work with accounting staff to track and report all performance program expenses.
- Take part in wrap up, reporting, evaluation of all programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in performance or art-related field.
- Minimum 3 years project management or production experience.
- Proven ability to work well both independently and collaboratively.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong administrative skills with Microsoft Office (especially Excel), Google Docs, etc.
- Experience with managing multiple projects, schedules and budgets simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and flexibility with unusual projects.
- Cultural competency with a diverse group of artists, staff and community stakeholders.
- Personal qualities of integrity, open-mindedness and dedication to the mission OZ Arts.
- A can-do attitude and sense of urgency with energy and enthusiasm to be part of a team
and an organization in its infancy.
- Passion for the arts.
Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm with expectation to work some nights and
OZ Arts will negotiate a full-time salary commensurate with experience and capacity. PTO plan and benefits to be discussed with candidates at time of interview
Interested candidates should send their resume, including two professional references, to email@example.com.
As a recent 501(c)3 contemporary arts institution in the midsouth region, OZ Arts' particular style of programming has begun to transform the cultural landscape of Nashville. Utilizing the venue's flexibility, OZ Arts presentsthe work of leading artists from around the world, offeringanintimate context for performing and visual art programs that challenge and inspire a diverse range of curious audiences.
OZ Arts also serves as a catalyst for local creativity through a program called TNT (Thursday Night Things). TNT is a quarterly series of unexpected collaborations with Nashville-based artists from varying creative disciplines. OZ Arts' "blank slate" provides a platform onto which these artists can create, develop and present a one-time-only event that would traditionally not be seen in a white wall gallery or proscenium theatre.
OZ Arts is located in the former C.A.O. cigar warehouse owned by Nashville’s Ozgener family. Their generosity provided the seed money that breathed new life into the column-free, 10,000 square-foot space nestled amidst artfully landscaped grounds.