Nisolo is a sustainable fashion brand that produces footwear and accessories for women and men. We are an early-stage, E-Commerce D2C company composed of smart, driven teammates committed to excellence and strategically improving our work. We are passionate and compassionate, ambitious and pragmatic. We work together in pursuit of the common goal to grow a healthy, household name brand and push the fashion industry in a more sustainable direction.
- You are an exceptionally organized self-starter who can prioritize well in a high growth, hands off environment, and are able to think strategically and independently.
- You can set strategy and vision, but you are not afraid to execute at a tactical level. There is no task too small or too big for you.
- You are hardworking and resourceful. You understand why data is critical to make high-level, strategic, business decisions and are passionate about providing and analyzing that data.
- You’re a great team player who can communicate and collaborate with cross-functional teams within a small and growing organization.
- You are an Excel guru with a knack for numbers. You love turning a story and a plan into a spreadsheet and vice versa.
- You are crazy attentive to detail and can manage a tight deadline.
- You respond positively to constructive feedback and adapt quickly to change.
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge, seeing every challenge as an opportunity to learn.
- You’re humble, hungry, and smart (in that order). You know what you’re good at while still continually striving to improve and grow in all areas.
- You are motivated at least in part by a commitment to social impact in your daily work. You love fashion and keeping up with trends in the industry.
- You’re not afraid to have a little fun every now and then.
- Lead finance and accounting functions in support of Nisolo’s strategic objectives, reporting directly to the COO.
- Oversee accounting in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, as well as monthly sales and product margin reports.
- Develop and maintain financial models and projections that evaluate strategic and operational objectives, and provide insight into the financial impact of business decisions.
- Prepare and analyze key financial metrics to drive optimal performance of the business.
- Set and manage operating budgets across the company. Create transparent systems for all employees to access information regularly.
- Work with accounting team to conduct regular budget analysis and scale accounting processes to ensure timely, efficient, and accurate statements.
- Support COO and Merchandise Planning Manager in ensuring optimum inventory levels to maximize sales and margins, in support of overall product and company profitability.
- Support all business development initiatives, including but not limited to debt financing, equity financing and inventory optimization.
- Manage external reporting, including preparation of statements for investors, lenders, and other key stakeholders.
Skills & Qualifications
- 7+ years of past experience working in accounting, corporate finance and/or inventory management
- Strong analytical and strategic planning skills with demonstrated success in aligning finance and accounting functions with strategic goals
- Significant familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, and other financial and/or accounting software
- Experience with detailed inventory and COGS accounting
- Experience with operational and merchandising budgeting and forecasting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in math, economics, accounting, finance, or related discipline
- Experience working with QuickBooks preferred
- Strong understanding of the fashion or social enterprise space preferred
- Ability to maintain high standard of confidentiality and professionalism
Compensation: Based on previous experience and expertise.
Timing: Estimated start date: August, 2018. Only candidates who pass through to the interview round will be contacted.
Location: Nashville, Tennessee
Next Steps: If you are interested in applying for this position, please email a single PDF document containing a cover letter, answers to the below questions, and a résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Finance Director [Applicant’s Name].”
- What are the 3-5 keys to success for you in the role of Finance Director at Nisolo? How do these keys to success tie in to your strengths and experience?
- What sets you apart for this position from other candidates with comparable qualifications and experience?
- Develop a 12 month forecast for our Emilio Chukka Boot, complete with proposed purchase dates and quantities to meet the forecast. Assume that the Emilio launched on November 1, 2017 and the first 8 weeks of demand, in units, were: 800, 400, 325, 200, 375, 450, 400, 250. It is week 9 and we currently have 950 units of hand, and 1400 units arriving in week 14. Please communicate all other assumptions you create to complete the project.