New Era Fiber is a custom fiber processing company specializing in Camelid fibers. We are located in Gallatin Tennessee, a short distance from Nashville.
We process about 4250lbs. of fleece each year. We have customers from all over the United States In addition, we process other specialty fibers such as mohair.
We have currently seven full time employees. Our work day has two shifts and we operate from 6AM to 9PM.
We are growing, and every year we have expanded our capabilities and our product offerings. We recently have acquired a Shima Seike CAD knitting machine to create garments from our yarns. This means we will need two employees. First is a knitwear Technician/Programmer and second, a machine operator/knitwear technician. These people will work closely with our yarn manufacturing group and our knitwear designer.
Knitwear Technician / Programmer
-Take Designer ideas and specifications into a CAD Program for samples and production
-Use Shima Seiki pattern software SDS-ONE APEX3 to create knitting programs based on
-Operate Shima Seiki flatbed knitting machine to produce knit panels and whole garments in 3d
-Work with finishing department to optimize sample for production
-Create size specifications / grading for production
-Communicate and resolve any technical issues with design and production teams
-Strong knowledge of knitwear design and patterns
-Understand sweater production workflow and process
-Ability to use Shima Seiki APEX3 software a plus
-Detail-oriented and organized
-Strong communication skills
-Ability to work to meet tight deadlines
Job Type: Full-time
Preferred experience: Knitwear / Sweater / CAD Programming: 2-3 years
Required language: English
MACHINE OPERATOR / KNITWEAR TECHNICIAN
Immediate opportunity for manufacturing oriented individual.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Operations of textile manufacturing equipment to facilitate the transition from design concept through first prototype into production of knit garments for client projects.
• Working knowledge of modern manufacturing processes
• Knowledge of basic machine operations required.
• Ensure products are developed in a manner consistent with established fit, quality standards, manufacturing capabilities and cost specifications.
• Maintain machinery and keep it in optimal working condition.
• Help maintain a clean, healthy and safe work environment.
• Keep track of supply inventory levels and consumption including waste materials
• Strong organizational and time management skills necessary.
• Ability to maintain calendar milestones and meet deadlines. Punctuality is a must.
• Basic level of proficiency dealing with computers, MS Office Suite knowledge required;
• Knowledge of basic computer programming and/or PLM software a plus.