The Director of Opportunity is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of fundraising and events for the Nashville Fashion Alliance (NFA). This position works closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors in all development, fundraising, and event endeavors.
- Must embrace the mission of the NFA and be knowledgeable of our regional fashion industry
- Strong interpersonal/writing, project management, and community building skills
- Have knowledge and experience in fundraising techniques: target identification and research, engagement with targets, proposal development, follow up, and execution of partnership agreements.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits, fundraising calls, and event participation.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, self-confidence, common sense, and team-work.
ACTUAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Working with the CEO and NFA Board of Directors, develop a fund raising plan through a capital campaign and events. Develop and vet targets for appropriate donor levels.
- Together with the CEO, meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them. Work closely with the NFA CEO and Board of Directors on donor and grant opportunities, including staff and board committee meetings.
- Develop, direct, and execute a capital campaign including identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors.
- Responsible for budget development and ensure adherence to budget for campaigns and events.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the NFA with the community.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of collateral materials to support fund raising activities
- Maintain gift recognition programs and ensure sponsor fulfillment.
- Develop and coordinate fund raising special events from start to finish including
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
Please send your resume as well as your answers to the following questions to Van Tucker, email@example.com, by the end of the day on May 3rd.
Questions to answer in your application:
- What interests you most about this position?
- Tell us about a professional experience where working with a diverse team led to the successful execution of a project.
- What’s your favorite part of fundraising?