The NFA is a trade organization with the mission to amplify emerging fashion companies with an ecosystem of resources and support. Our region boasts the largest concentration per capita of fashion companies outside of New York and Los Angeles. Our vision is to make this region the best location for emerging fashion companies.
The Support Services Manager is responsible for providing administrative assistance to the CEO and helping advance initiatives and focus on higher-level activities of the NFA. The main areas of responsibility include managing the office, supporting the functions of the CEO, and the operational logistics of the organization.
- Provide administrative support, including written communications and scheduling, coordination of activities
- Serve as liaison to NFA stakeholders to assure coordination and the opportunity to serve and address issues with stakeholders.
- Prepare materials and presentations.
- Create and maintain systems and procedures to ensure effective implementation of the organization’s directives.
- Use appropriate professional judgment to keep CEO abreast of any changes, issues or concerns that may impact daily activities.
- Serve as the CEO’s administrative liaison to the board of directors.
- Prepare and distribute board and board committee meeting notices, agendas, materials and presentations for board meetings.
- Manage all logistics for meetings, events, etc.
- Manage general office operations, such as ordering supplies, serving as contact with outside vendors (building management; IT, A/V, phone and internet companies; printer/copier maintenance; etc.).
- Ensure common areas are kept tidy and in compliance with office standards and coordinate custodial service.
- Coordinate incoming inquiries, refer to the appropriate resource for follow up, and track referrals.
- Project management oversight for member engagement, including activities with outside vendors or partners.
- Assist the CEO as needed to facilitate and monitor all activities, so the organization successfully achieves operation plan goals. This includes developing and driving the system to measure and achieve programmatic, funding and organizational goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree with at least 5 years administrative work experience. Previous experience in the fashion industry preferable, but not required.
- Self-starter with strong attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Manage deadlines, budget, and pressure
- Superb interpersonal skills, strong written and spoken communication skills
- Proficient with technology (Microsoft Office, Squarespace, social media, etc.)
Please submit a cover letter and résumé in confidence directly to the CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org. The NFA is an equal opportunity employer.