Name: Rebecca Wilcox
Email Address: email@example.com
Title: Merchant/Buyer with over 12 years of experience
Description: EXPERTISE & SKILLS
• Entrepreneurial and innovative merchant with over 12 years of experience across a diverse range of categories.
• Proven record of growing businesses through identifying white space and building commercially viable assortments.
• Managed global, omni-channel businesses with ownership of over $200 million.
• Extensive experience in product lifecycle and management.
• Skilled in cultivating excellent relationships with colleagues, cross functional teams, direct reports and vendors.
• Passionate, creative, and strategic team leader, driving bottom line with a collaborative approach.
Gap Global, New York, NY March 2013 - December 2016
Senior Global Merchant -
Toddler Boys’, all departments, $215M annual volume September 2016 - December 2016
Girls’ Knits, Sweaters and Active, $195M annual volume April 2016 - September 2016
Boys’ Knits, Sweaters and Active, $160M annual volume March 2013 - April 2016
• Drove product and financial strategies across Gap Global specialty, international and online markets.
• Led cross-functional teams to plan and execute department and company strategies: merchandising, design, sourcing, production, planning, visual and marketing.
• Delivered 2016 sales and margin growth in boys’ knits, sweaters and active departments: 13% increase vs. Gap Global decline of 3%.
• Executed significant sales and margin growth in knit bottoms through end use diversity, fabric and length: 51% increase in boys’ and 25% in girls’.
• Conceptualized, designed and piloted extensive testing strategy to optimize boys’ graphic tee assortment; delivered 24% sales growth.
• Oversaw 2016 boy's Gap Fit from initial concept to launch; inclusive of product development, investment planning and marketing messaging.
• Overhauled girls’ tee assortment to regain authority in market; focused on shift out of basics into fashion and trend.
• Initiated responsive capabilities to enable quicker speed to market through strategic fabric positioning and delayed booking calendar.
• Collaborated with team and key vendors to ensure timely delivery of innovation and fast track trend to customer.
• Led calendar and operations for total Kids and Baby merchant team; maximized efficiencies and improved processes.
• Developed and managed 11 direct reports. Inspired and empowered during a time of change and uncertainty.
• Promoted 3 direct reports.
LOFT - Ann Inc., New York, NY July 2010 - March 2013
Merchant - Knits and Lounge
• Managed over $220M annually.
• Delivered record sales and gross margin for 2011 and spring 2012: 17% increase.
• Recreated architecture, identified business opportunities, risks, and executed chase strategies.
• Demonstrated leadership, influence, creativity and innovation for the knits and lounge departments.
• Received Live Love LOFT Award for individual achievement: April 2011
• Received LOFT President’s Award for Knits: February 2012
• Developed long term strategies involving competitive landscape, price, and category analysis to drive the business.
• Partnered with planning to create seasonal financial plans that focus on sales, margin, and promotional strategies.
• Approved garment fit; ensured product execution met design aesthetic and quality standards.
• Developed, managed and trained 3 direct reports; created individual growth plans.
New York & Company, New York, NY January 2006 - July 2010
Associate Buyer - Denim and Casual Jackets
Assistant Buyer - Outerwear/Active
• Relaunched denim assortment focusing on new fits, fabrics and price structure.
• Drove sales increase of 13% and margin growth 22%.
• Received award for Outstanding Denim Team: Q3 2009
• Supported the conceptual development of future lines by generating line plans, trend analysis and market research.
• Spearheaded weekly cross functional meeting which focused the team on common goals and created partnerships.
• Develop, managed, trained assistant buyers.
Macy’s Merchandising Group, INC, New York, NY March 2004 - January 2006
Product Development Assistant - Bottoms, Denim, Skirts, Woven Shirts
• Graduate of Federated Executive Training Program: Spring 2004
• Partnered with Senior Product Manager to coordinate all phases of domestic and overseas production cycle.
• Negotiated pricing and delivery with vendors.
• Shopped market and competition to identify trends.
Fashion Institute of Technology, New York, NY
Bachelor of Science, May 2003; Major: Merchandise Management