Are you a small, creative business owner considering taking on an employee, but you have no idea where to start or how to know if you’re even ready? Or, are you ready to build a team, but feel overwhelmed by the details? This highly interactive workshop is for small business owners who are unsure of the cultural and legal aspects of bringing on an intern, independent contractor, employee, a team, etc.
In this half-day workshop lead by Laurie Dodd, human resources expert, and Peter Fields, partner at the law firm Ritholz Levy, we will be helping attendees create a structured way to:
- Decide whether they need to grow their team
- Find potential employees, interns, etc.
- Assess candidates
- Legally and appropriately hire someone
- Integrate new team members, interns, etc.
- Keep employees, independent contractors, etc., engaged
We will take time for attendees to work together and individually to practice and plan the elements of a successful staffing plan. The goal of this workshop is for attendees to walk out with the knowledge and tools to be able to strategically staff their business.